Saturday, August 08, 2009

Additional learing

I also didn't get a break out estimate from our contractor on a line item bid prior to work beginning.

That is no one's fault buy mine.

Again, in thinking about it, I wanted to be liked.

A personal weakness of mine has turned into a priceless learning opportunity for me.

It DOES matter in doing it right.

It DOES matter to pay attention to those little, "hey, the sink is chipped, pay attention to that" voices and not write them off because another little voice chimes in, "the repairs I had made didn't hold up as well as I thought, next item".

Now I have to go back thru and do the job I should have done in the first place.

It would have been proactive and helpful to me to have prepared my tenant for the up coming bill. To have informed him every time something came up instead of dropping a bill on him.

Again, why did I let this happen?
New parent hood distractions and work.
It is wrong for me to blame my baby, wife, or work for my failure to act.

I'll apologize, list everything out, show him the items, the costs, the contract, and work out a deal.

Other wise this whole experience will lead to me suing someone in small claims court.

I never thought I'd be "one of those people".

I will not throw out the option.

But I will not make this same missteps again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home