Thursday, January 31, 2008

Fed Cuts Rate

I mentioned to a coworker that the Fed cut the rate today.

It's a great time to refinance.

We applied to refinance the rental this last week, which we found we can do at a lower rate than when I lived in it.

That's great news.
What's even better is the Fed cut the rate another 1/2 point earlier today. It's now at 3%.
I waited till today to meet with our banker, because I heard they might cut it again.
We'll find out how much we can save on Monday.

Even better news...
Our personal home is close to a year old, which means we can refinance it as well.
Bankers will give a better rate for primary residences.
***
I have been talking to a young woman in the office who is interested in investing.
She and her husband bought land and want to build a house on it.
I have been talking to her about rental homes.

Others have over heard our conversations and I am getting a reputation as being the guy to ask about Mortgages and buying a home...

It's amazing how important it is to know how to buy a house, and how many people haven't a clue where to start.

When buying a home, contract with a Buyer's agent. They will protect your interests.
The person at the new home center or the name on the "for sale" sign is the Seller's agent.
The seller's agent has NO obligation to get a buyer the best deal.
None.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home