Sunday, January 02, 2005

Back to work tomorrow 2

Damn Incredible Makeover Home Addition!

To have a job that touches a life and makes it, potentially?, better (I haven't seen any follow ups yet) and brings joy and an easing of misery(?).

Makes going in to a line of work were the owners are independantly wealthy and practice Architecture as a hobby, bickering with their employees and being territorial.

The senior Architect wants the corner office with the nice view, and they will give it to the new part time interiors intern because they don't want to listen to his phone calls. But they haven't told him this.
Such maturity.

Have I said I'll only be there for two years?

Nice people with little problems.

I guess the choice is:

a) Do I let it eat me?
b) Do I play the game and bide my time? (this is how the other Architects play it)
c) Do I lay everything out on the table and, in so many words, tell them they are full of shit?

I don't like who I have become, bad mouthing and gossipy about those with whom I work...
It's toxic..

I'm thinking of a variation of "c".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home