Monday, April 03, 2006

Fascination

I have met a number of "powerful" people lately.
Not "powerful" I-am-so-important, but
"powerful" I-am-in-control-of-my-life.

I met a designer on one of our jobs who carried herself very well.
Confident. She is self employed, which is also something I find attractive.

I had my own company about two years back, but I lacked desire to REALLY pursue it. Felt hemmed in by not being Licensed.

This designer gave me a different perspective.
She presents herself as an Interior Designer.
And so we believe her to be.
Even though she is "not" by Texas law.

Business owners tend to be risk takers by their very nature.
Most are calculated risks.
The powers that be are very protective of the title "Architect" and "Interior Designer" in this state.

Some how this woman has done her legal research and uses variations of both in her company name.

As it turns out, you don't have to be licensed to design a building, or an interior finish out, you only have to consult with someone who is and is willing to use their seal on your work. (limiting your liability to zero)
And make sure not to call yourself what you "legally" aren't.

The petty part of me whats to say,
"Hey! you can't do that!
I spent a lot of time and money to get where I am!
And you are end running the whole system! (that protects folks like me!)

And the other part of me thinks

Bravo for her!!
(how can I get your life?!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Zelda Pinwheel, Queen of the Universe said...

you are not privy to the rest of her life, only what she presents professionally.

why do you want her life?

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home