Sunday, June 25, 2006

Ouch

I woke this morning,
the sound of breaking glass
my alarm clock.

I made my way down the hall to the kitchen
where Zelda's favorite glass pitcher,
that lives on the top of the refrigerator
lay in uncountable slivers
along with Snoopy's water dish
on the floor.

"Suicide?"
I have owned Begonia plants
that deciding the world through the window is not enough
have chosen to jump from the window sill.

Maybe a "Murder/Suicide?"
It's possible the water dish said something obnoxious,
or the pitcher was jealous
not being used as often
as the water dish...

Nah, probably Milo.

But how did he make it to the top of the fridge?

Zelda had that answer.
Gaea has done this before via the stove.

I carefully cleaned everything up and went back to bed.

Fast forward to later in the afternoon.

Zelda notices what looks like blood on the bathroom vanity.

I check Milo.

No blood.

I check Snoopy.

White fur, I spot some blood on his tummy,
but no cut.

Where's Gaea?

Zelda finally spotted the cut on Snoopy's leg.

Must be the glass.

I cleaned again.

By the end of the day

Zelda had stepped on a shard.

I also found one.

And Snoopy went to the kitty ER.

Some how he ended up with a mostly superficial cut longer than an inch.

So Zelda's beautiful glass pitcher ended costing over $500.00 in vet fees.

MILO!!!

(the youngest always gets the blame)


And my apologies for the length of the last blog.
(Yes, I did read the whole thing before I posted it...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home