Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Autodeath

Back right out of highschool, I did not have the money for a car, the gasoline, and the parking.

Cars and more importantly, the requirement of having to have one to get around pissed me off.

Now that I have the cash to have the car, pay the gas, and occational parking, I don't think much about it.

Many days about the same stretch of road on the way to work I wonder why I do this.
What would it be like to get away and try living Somewhere else.
Anywhere else.
Some place with ever greens, maybe some water, and mountains. And less people...

Back to the automobile.

As I travel down the freeway, I often think of it as a deadly river.
Try to cross it, and it will kill.

I am of the thought that humanity will kill itself off, which is not a bad thing for the rest of the planet...

Cars are one of our deadliest creations.

In the last six months I have been saddened by the sight of a coyote/wolf (it was too large for a coyote) laying where it was struck. Dead eyes stareing back at us.
Two weeks later it we a bobcat. Same location.

Last week I swerved to miss a snake making its way across the road.

Earlier I helped move an 18" snapping turtle off the road. I then "chased" him back into the wood.

Thursday as I drove from the old house back to the new, I saw a mangle of dirty black hair, wet from the rain. I stopped and moved the little black kitty, his body covered in flys, from the place where someone struck and killed her, to the side of the road, where at least she would not be ground into a pulp. I would have liked to have brought her over to the new house where we could bury and honor her. I had nothing to carry her in. Nothing to keep the smell from saturating my car interior...

damn automobile...

how many animals would still be alive in the world today if we commuted by train and trolley car.

maybe our children's children...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home