Friday, June 22, 2007

Ice Cats

I was cutting the yard today.
Well, trying.

I bought a push reel mover, the one where the motor is the guy holding the handle, and I like the idea of the exercise and that I can carry on a conversation with Zelda as I mow.

There must be a trick to it that I haven't mastered.

It is a grass mower.

And it will cut very nicely, anything that will fit up into the blades.

What happens is anything longer than about 4" will bend over and the blades will pass over.
The weed pops back up behind me...

That and the front yard is on a 10 degree slope.

Back yard is no problem.

It's flat.

So between the hill, new yard (the soil has not laid down yet and is bumpy), and a little rain, and I decided to try back on Saturday morning...
***
the new fridge has in door ice and water dispenser.
it also has an option for crushed ice.

I have come to love the ease of ice and water.

So has Snoopy, our kitty.

It seems a little ice always makes it to the floor.
Where kitty has discovered it's wet, and cold, and slides across the floor.

Mo saw how much fun Snoopy was having, so now every time either cat hears the ice grinder, it's kinda loud, they come running and park themselves at our feet and in expectation of icy goodness.
***
our house backs up on a field.
as I was mowing today, I moved a board to take a look under it.
Brother-in-law had looked under it last week to see if anything lived there.

he didn't find anything.
he was hoping for a snake.

today a small field mouse had taken up residence.
he didn't run when i adjusted the grass around it,
at first I thought maybe it was dead,
I showed Z and we decided it was a young mouse.

The cats would have an opinion about that.

Play!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home