Saturday, August 18, 2007

Contracts

When Zelda and I hired bunny nephew, we did so thinking he would do a great job...

His drywall work is good.

But we would decline using him to paint or do trim work.

I don't know if he was burned out, or "it is Just A Rental", or what, but I should have written a contract to define what we wanted.

Paint brushes we paid for were ruined.

Windows, and blinds, and other items, were over sprayed.

The job site was not cleaned at the end of the day.

Drips of paint on door trim.

Nail holes that were missed. (Many nail holes).

Just lack of pride in work done...

He prides himself in having never been fired.
That's only because he's family.

Zelda and I will scrape and repaint tomorrow.

We'll have to decide what, if anything, we should do about it.

I have done him and myself a disservice.

I'll call those who have called on our add and let them know we will show the house later in the week, it's a work in progress, will be ready by Sept. 1, and flooring is scheduled. So, we'll be showing the house this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home