Thursday, August 16, 2007

home improvement

Of all sorts...

Had my interview tonight.

I was anxious all day about it.

As Zelda said, if it is meant to be, if I am the person they are looking for, then I can negotiate.

I feel bad about leaving in the middle of a project.

I feel bad about leaving the office where I am liked and in turn, like them.

I wonder what the $$$ should be for my experience?

Anyway...
***
House.

The rental needs alot of work still.

One eyed nephew missed sheet rock items.

He needed help. One man to work a whole house.

Z and I will attack the paint and clean up the over spray.

I have learned much in this experience.

Bunny Nephew did a good job...

It's a thirty year old house...]
***
Back when we moved, we had arranged for bunny brother to work off the $$$ he owed for bail by making the repairs to the house.

He said the best method was to re-texture the walls and replace the old base trim.

Our first thought was, "We don't want to spend that much money".

But he does it for a living.

And I think he is right.

At least to make it look like I see it in my mind.

Makes me want to leave all the walls bear in the new house...
***
I'm learning Revit.

It's a Building Modeling Program that builds the building with in the computer.

With old cad, you draw a line and it represents something, ie. a wall. To add a door, you cut the line and draw more lines that represent the door. (It was computerized pen and paper)

With the last generation of cad, you draw a line and within the computer, it IS a wall.
It has all the parts and thicknesses.
Add a door and it knows it's a door, it cuts the wall, draws the door, and allows you to make size and location changes.

This version of computer added design keeps track of the walls, the floors, the doors.
It numbers the doors for you, it creates a section of the building (imagine taking a knife and cutting the building like a layer cake then looking at the cut face on) for you and places it on a sheet and keeps track of the reference tag so you can relate the tag to the plan. And if you decide to change the sheet number, you don't have to change the tag. (It builds the building in the computer)

Autocad has a thirty day free trial of the software. I have access to at least three computers...
***
I am doing a home addition I'd like to use it for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home