Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Demolition Time

We have gotten a lot done in the week since I took over the management of the house.
It is after all, my responsibility. I was not taking it seriously.

The vanity in the master had a quarter sized hole in the over flow drain.
It had to go.

The vanity in the hall bath was rusted out.
It had to go also.

Fortunately, the kitchen sink was still in good enough shape that I (well, I hired someone) was able to touch up the nicks.

I am sooooo happy I don't have to mess with the faucet, p-trap, or disposal...

It didn't take too much to remove the vanities.
We will have to patch the tile under the cabinets. It was installed around the existing cabinet and we can't pick up a matching cabinet base without ordering it.

So after we get the flooring in, the carpet, vinyl, we'll pick up the new items and install them...
along with the new lighting and mirror.

I sent off for a new garage door header bracket to repair the old over head door.
I'll have to get smaller bolts for the new bracket and adjust the length. The remote works, but the bulbs are burnt out and for some reason, the wall switch doesn't work. Hopefully it will resolve itself when I install the new bulbs.

We had new electrical outlets installed in the garage ceiling for the over head doors. They work.

Tomorrow I'll do some general cleaning.

Nephew Bunny has three out of four bed rooms painted. Started on the living room and opened the second 5 gallon. Although they were mixed at the same time, the colors don't match...
He has touch ups in all the bed rooms...

He painted the kitchen today. The color isn't exactly what we ordered but it is light, and the kitchen looks great!

We have one week to go for our dead line...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck! we reno'd... so good luck

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home