Sunday, July 29, 2007

House Work

Bunny Nephew and I went to the hardware store to buy materials for the house.
One item was the "For Rent" sign which I have put up even though we have much more to do...

I used the credit card.
It has been at least a year since I have charged anything.

I felt a little endorphin hit knowing I just bought 350.00 worth of stuff that I won't have to pay for immediately.

So, we bought light switches and cover plates and power outlets to replace the old, tired ones with 30 years of dirt.

I want to find out if I can clean them up some how. Or at the least, recycle them.

My coworker at the office and his family own a number of rent houses.
He has given me a number of tips.

Number one, "clean and everything works".
Number two, "make sure you rent to a couple, who both have jobs".

We returned to the house to continue cleaning and working.
I put up the sign with my cell phone number on it.

While out front I saw a car pass and the passenger pointed out sign to the driver.
Two hours into it and I got a call.
An hour later I got another call.

I think it was the same couple.

We'll see.

Oh, tip number three, "don't rent to someone who wants to move in tomorrow".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home