Friday, July 13, 2007

Lunch

Wednesday I had lunch with two millionaires.
We didn't go anywhere fancy, but it was interesting to listen in.

The first man is my boss.
The second is the owner of a restaurant chain.

Where as when I hang out with my friends, we talk about
TV shows,
shopping (clothes),
friends,
food (Sam's down the road has great calzones)
work (current projects),
and family,

the two business owners talk about
shopping (for real estate),
travel (let's go fishing in Alaska or Argentina),
friends (joe shipped his bentley to the ski village vatcation),
cars (bentleys cost 170k, too expensive),
family (my son's ball team is going on trip and I'll be joining them),
food (best italian food in New York),
and work (I have 4 locations my real estate agent wants to show me for possible restaurants).

So, at heart, we talk about the same things.

The magnitude is different.

I buy clothes and furniture for myself.

They buy chairs, and kitchens, and bar equipment for making more money to buy chairs, and kitchens, etc...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and i specify tables, chairs and furniture for others and don't buy any for myself.

:0)

zelda

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you going to change anything in the way you handle your money?

2:48 AM  
Blogger karlthebunny said...

We already have.
By paying off old consumer debt and beginning to track our expenses every day, we can watch where we are spending it, find ways to pay off new consumer debt, and like wise, find money to save up.

It has been said that if you list the 5 people you hand out with most. Then average the income of those five friends, you will earn right in that range yourself...
***
Not to be rich,
but to be comfortable.

Shall we buy tickets to Argentina this week?

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home