Saturday, October 20, 2007

New job II

I think I am getting into the swing of things.

My skill set is limited at the moment.

We are working on creating a new lobby and new image for a 23 year old building on a pedestrian street.

There are 3 to 4 of us, depending on the day, working on solving the problems created by the previous designer.

Things seem to be calming down and a direction appearing... that is, if the client likes what we present on Monday.

The last time I did this kind of design work was back in College 15 years ago and I wasn't that good back then.

It has stretched muscles not used. It's going to take some dedication to begin thinking like a designer after years of the nuts and bolts.

It's fun! But not with out it's anxieties...

And I will get to make the design happen, see it built, and get to brag about it to friends!
***
Advantages to large companies...

Better insurance...
Larger projects... (sometimes good, sometimes bad)...
Lunches with the Big boss are better...
opportunity to travel...
broader experience set...
more people doing more things (and not just the boss)...

potentially more politics...

we'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home