Thursday, April 24, 2008

peace

I had lunch today with two former employers, D and R.

I moved to their company after working for JB Architect for over 6 years.
JB decided to retire and close up shop. The September 11th fall out was beginning to hit the building industry and there was no work.

As solitary, there were just the two of us, as it was, I did not want to leave.
It made starting with D and R a very sad time for me.

Seeing them today after 5 years seemed like it was only yesterday.

I am a good fit for their office.
They are good people to work for, which is hard to find these days.

When the recession hit them, rather than calling me into his office, he came out to me and sat down with me to fill me in with what was happening. I was the last hired, first to be let go.

I agreed to meet with them next week for a second interview.
I also let them know that I needed to speak to Zelda.

The easy thing would be to say, "Yes, I'll start tomorrow!", but the better thing would be to step out on the ledge and accept Zelda's offer...

No it would not pay as well.
But the fringe benefits of working from home, for ourselves, with my wife, is hard to pass up...

We work well together...

Thankfully, I have the gift of

time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home