Saturday, July 23, 2005

Well, we done did it!

Zelda asked me last night if "I felt married".
She is not the first person to ask. ID (interior designer) from the office asked at lunch on Tuesday.

What does that mean?

(ID is also know as "the reverend" on Zelda's blog. He's ordained in Scientology))

For date night, and Zelda is child like in her LOVE of date night (and me), we went to an AIDS research fund raiser.

*I asked Zelda why aids needs money, it seems to be doing very well all by itself*

It was populated by a large contingency of Gay men.

ID had invited us and was there with friends.

There has been some speculation at the office as to Id's orientation.
He keeps his private life just that.
I will continue to honor that wish.
***************************
ID *fondly* refers to Senior Architect to his friends as "Bubba". Which is true.

Yes children, racism is alive and well in Texas.

"I'm not racist!, I have many _____ (insert group of choice here) friends"

I have told former employers that I would quit if racial remarks were used in my company.
That tended to work fairly well.
At least I stopped hearing it.

For white folks today's slur is no longer "niger", but "Canadian".

When I confront Senior Architect for what it is, Racial Hatred, he always back peddles and I get, "What did you say?".

He is very active in the funamentalist church. Loves his family. I'm not sure if racism and fundamentalism go hand in hand, but someone in the pulpit at his church isn't doing enough to combat ugliness in the name of Jesus.

Amusingly enough, Senior Architect tried to bring racism into a conversation with a client of his. The client wouldn't take the bait and responded with "Oh, you mean demographics".
**********************
One of ID's friends at the party was a very handsom British man. (think of Angle from Buffy the Vampire) (I wish I was that well dressed) He told us amusing stories of pulling his designer luggage out of his Audi TT at a military base in Tennessee and having his airforce brother exclaim, "Could you look any more Gay?!" "But I got it in Paris for a really great price and it fits perfectly in the boot of my car!"

He then told us that even though his six brothers and their wives know and are okay with it, he can not let his Orthodox Jewish parents find out he perfers men. They would tear their clothes and it would be as if he never existed in his home or community. He even agreed to an arranged marriage when he was younger. (Id was married to a woman twice his age for a time)
So he lives overseas and waits till the day they pass away or develope alzheimers...
**************
What kind of G*d would do that to someone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home