Saturday, July 09, 2005

Lost in the moment

Woody's illness has so consumed my thoughts of late,
that I have not been able to blog
about the other things going on in life.

Namely,
visiting the farmer's market last weekend.
Making fresh chip dips with Zelda with those fresh peppers, tomatoes, onions, and such.
Sharing said dips with J, Red, and friends for a Fourth of July barbecue.
Of grilling on our new grill on the Fourth.

I am tired.
Crying will do that to you.

For those of you wondering what all the fuss is about a cat, here are some previous links you might read to "get to know him a little better".
"Coming to grips" Oct. 2004
"Oh my stomach" Aug. 2004
"Woody" Jan. 2005
"Discipline" Feb. 2005
"The Kitty Landmine Game" Feb. 2005
"Kitty Snores" Feb. 2005

"Kitty Time" Mar. 2005
"Back in Kitty Prison" Mar 2005
"Out on Bail" Apr. 2005
"Two Cat Owners Walk into the Vet" June 2005
"Woody Verdict In" June 2005
"Loving Continues" June 2005
"Loving" June 2005
and finally every entry for July from this one back to the begining of the month.


Yesterday Zelda and I went to the government office to get our marriage license.

Picture if you will, harsh flourescent light reflecting off the white concrete block walls, down onto the worn out linolium (pardon me for not giving a sh*t about how that's spelled. Honest, I do know how it's spelled). No windows, no natural light. Now picture two people sitting at desks, back in the far corners, behind a sea of folding chairs and photo copied signs saying, "No cell phones".
'No cell phones', I didn't come here for a cell phone. I came here for a marriage license.

The person at the desk resites the legal notice and we pay the $36.00.
Zelda about had a cow and needed a moment after she read that the certificate will be mailed to "Mr. and Mrs. Bunny".

Two kids walked in as we were with the clerk. YOUNG. Had "divorsed in two years" written all over their foreheads. I wish them luck.

G*d has Woody. Mom has Woody. Grandma has Woody.
I have his memory, some sound recordings, and dirty carpets.

Love you Woody cat, my Kitten of LOVE and DESIRE.

2 Comments:

Blogger karlthebunny said...

thanks S for your wonderful comments about and for Woody.


Looking forward to the celebration next Week and pray you can find a flight and join us!

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karl..Just read about Woody. I am so sorry to hear. I have no words of wisdom or true comfort...Just know that my thoughts are with you and Zelda.

Magda

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home