Wednesday, July 06, 2005

At long last

I have decided it is in Woody's best interest...
to let him go.

He did a wonderful job in taking care of two dying women in his time. That's a lot to say for a cat. He was wonderful in taking care of me, even though I was angry. Angry at mom for dying. Angry at him, because I didn't want a cat.

We picked him up last night from a week in the vets.

And although, at times he looks okay, I think he is ready to go too.

His numbers are not where the Dr. would like them to be. 7, not 3.

We would have to give him infusions once a day, (100cc) which leave him sore and tired.
He growls when I pick him up. He doesn't have an appetite. I'd have to force feed him appetite stimulants twice a day till he decides he's hungry on his own...

And then there is the reluctant sister.
She is not ready to share her mama with ME let alone another, sick cat. One more stressor for him to deal with while he attempts to recover...

I can already see it getting into a "your child", "my child" situation.
And we don't need that...

Woody, thank you for taking care of mom, and grandma.
For all the late night snuggles and the insistance that I feed you, or pet you, or play with you.

I regret not having let you go one week ago, when you were ready to go. The vet seemed so optimistic, but your quality of life is non existant. We are only putting off the inevitable...
And I would be the one in pain, with Zelda to comfort me...

Your passing brings up echos of mom's passing just 4 short years ago. Too soon. My mind will be at ease, as will yours.

Forgive me.

And I will be sad,
and I will cry,
and will miss you.

Because I love you.

POST SCRIPT:

Talked with the vet today.
She is still optimistic and wants me to give him more time.
Woody is tired, yes.
Pissed at us, yes.
He was left at the vet for a week.
He had a needle stuck in his leg for all of that time.
Last night he got home to the house, and now he can be mad at Zelda and me.

**************I guess this ties into waiting for Mom to die.
I knew it was comming.
No one else realised how close she was, as I was living with her.
I watched her fad away over a three day period.
The waiting was unbearable.

She finally slipped away the day after Christmas, 2001,
when no one was looking.

How I longed for her to get it over with...
She did. And I could move on...*************

Back to the present and Woody.

He's not dead yet.

The vet wants him to eat!
So please send your hungry thoughts his way...

gak!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home