Sunday, June 26, 2005

Loving

Zelda and I had our fight early today, so we could make up and get on with our Sunday.

We dove into the box wall that resides along one half of the living room.
Due to busy schedules, we have not been able to attack it since she moved in.

Mr. and Mrs. Pinwheel were in town to dog sit Zelda's brother's dog child.
She is quite an energetic pup. An old one that is losing her hearing. Getting up in age...

Which brings me to Woody, the One Eyed Wonder Cat.
He is up in age too.
Old.
As I have said before, I have no idea how old, as I am his 4th owner...

It is suprising how time flies.
I met him in 1990 or there abouts at my grand mother's at Christmas.
We moved him to Texas in 1994 when she passed.

I moved in with him in 1998 when mom got sick and "adopted" him in 2002 when she passed.

Now it's 2005.
It's been SEVEN years...

I feel a fool for getting anxious about his possible passing.
I keep scaring myself.

Today I stopped to think back to the last major scare, when he developed glaucoma and had to have his left eye removed. I was ready to let him go then.

I was dating "she who gave me", who shall from now on be refered to as "Lasi".
Lasi broke up with me shortly after he had his surgery.
That was only last year. Seems like longer ago.

I am scared again...

He's thinner...
older...
dryer skin...
frailer...

Thursday he was lathargic. I was also not feeling well. The Red Ozone warnings for Dallas had started. I want to chalk them up to "bad weather" or "alergies".
Were it not for the, "thinner, older, dryer", I would not be too concerned. We have often been under the weather at the same times.

I love him.

Zelda has been wonderful and understanding.

I hate death.
It sucks...

We will take him in tomorrow morning to see if it is something serious, or just some "bad food".

Part of me wants to get off this roler coaster.

If this is actually it, JUST FUCKING *DO IT*! and get it over with!

Otherwise, stop scaring me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home