Monday, June 27, 2005

Loving Continues

Woody is in to see the vet today.

Not something he enjoys much.
Not the car trip.
Not the strangers.
Not the needles.
And pokes and prods...

They are waiting on some additional blood work.
***************
Most days I don't register him.
He comes in and bothers me and I love him for it.
"FEED ME! FEED ME! FEED ME! I'M DYING! FEED ME!"
Or "PLAY WITH ME! NOW! YEAH YOU! I'M TALKING TO YOU!!!"
And so I do.

But he's in the background.
**********
My pain and sorrow is about me.
When it may come to pass that I might not have him to come bother me,
then I feel the emotions of loss and sadness.
That day may be today...
I hope not.
I have more time I want to spend on him.

But not if he is uncomfortable.
In pain.

He is a link to mom and grandma.
Demanding and loving.
Even if it is all about him.
***********
As Zedla reasured me,
G*d knows when he's supposed to go. Or will go.
Or could have gone.
Because of him I met Zelda, My "I've got a One Eyed Woody" joke.
Sigh...
***********
As I was waiting this morning at the vet, filling in the Q&A with the attendant, a man came in to collect the ashes of his dog.
"I cried for two days." From a big burley, self employed electrical contractor.
His baby was now contained in a beautiful cedar box, the size of a jewelry box.
Something so simple containing something so priceless.
***********
Got go. Woody is not dead yet, and I'm at work.
*****
Another priceless thing.
Zelda told me of her hectic day, dead lines and training today.
She'll be there today for me should we have to be selfless and let him go...

Thank you love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home