Monday, June 27, 2005

Woody Verdict In

So far the blood work shows that Woody Cat has kidney failure.
The Dr. seemed optimistic that giving him an I.V. would help clean out his system and get him back on his feet.

This of course maybe trumped by what else he may have going on...

Three days in Kitty Hospital and we'll see.
It all depends on his quality of life.

It will also involve continued care by Zelda and me.
Subcutainious fluids twice a week, from which "cats bounce back well".
Which I can believe.
Four hours after his eye removal surgery, he was back to new.

It will depend on his reaction to weekly medical treatment.
What he DIDN'T take well too was my trying to give him daily medication for his eye, in an attempt to keep it.

Am I trying to keep him going when I should just let him go?
Am I prolonging that "When's it gonna happen?".
Keeping him from going back to G*d and mom and grandma?
Letting him go would be the "easy" thing...

I'll talk to Zelda. Look at our $$$ and see.
This is the begining of the end...
*************
*************
It is possible that in half an hour, we will decide to put Woody to sleep and end his life as we know it.
Or, extend it, for an unknown amount of time.

One stick and slumber.
Or multiple sticks, with a possibility of spending one more summer on the back porch.
************
************
I wish I knew the answers...
It's not my life I'm playing with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home