Thursday, January 19, 2006

Mission Control

we have a problem.

I was able to successfully aquire the wireless signal with my laptop.
And Zelda still had access to the internet...

And then I tried to network the two computers thru the router...

I haven't been able to get Zelda's machine to connect to our regular server since...

As you can see, I CAN get on the net, but we have to go through windows explorer.

I don't know why...?

Even "restore" didn't solve the problem...though it did repair some of the other things I confused...

This is supposed to be "easy".
Where's the "easy" button when you need it...?

Anyone out there with computer savy have any ideas???

Even when I take her machine off the router and plug it straight into the modem, I get connection, but I get a "can't connect to server, check your connection" error when we try to sign on.

I have been able to plug the router in, and gain access to yahoo through my laptop via the wireless...

Why won't Zelda's machine find Yahoo directly?

Arrrgggghhhh!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brooklyn Mom said...

I would check the modem. Try to look at the internet folder and check out your connections, like what web site does the computer gop to when you log on? Double check the modem, turn it off anf on. Try unplugging everything for five minutes. Try Prayer, too. That has worked for me during deadlines.

8:52 PM  
Blogger karlthebunny said...

Thanks Brooklyn mom, I hadn't thought about praying!!

Oh great computer gods, grant me access that I might better worship you and pay omage to your wonderous electrical complexity.
Abracadabra!

Technology, gotta love it!

(Zelda told me she'd BLOG again, but she needed to be able to get on line! D'OH!)

I will also make sure that my address is correct on her machine.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home