Saturday, January 21, 2006

Teenagers...

We enjoyed "Underworld; evolutions".

I enjoyed the original, vs the sequel, but that's not a suprise.

It 'fleshes' out the 'rest of the story'.

(It's an action movie about vampires and werewolves)

One of the reasons I think the original 'Star Wars' was so great, is that it talked about things, history, but never "flashed back" or explained things. They were left to the imagination of the audience.

I often wondered about the "clone wars",

now I wish I'd never been told.

It was a mystery, which is how it is in real life.

I don't always want to 'know it all'.

(Makes for a better story, don't you agree?)

******
I regularly study at the coffee shops in the West Village area of Dallas. It is an upscale shopping/business/living development.

Lately I have been studing closer to home.

The difference in clientel is striking.

Where as I regularly over hear college age students talking about classes (90% are medical students), travels, jobs (see "medical" above), and professors in West Village, I now am subject to highschoolers.

One couple was waiting on classmates to discuss a group project they had to work out.

"He better get here by 7:00pm or I'm leaving and he can get a failing grade".
"He'd better be here by 7:03 or he's in trouble!!"
Why was she so worried bout this other kid? What's it matter to her?

Tuesday I over heard a young woman telling her friend about boy troubles.

We all have those stories I thought, and continued focusing on my site planning.

She was describing how a guy she had hung out with got too frisky and she said, "No".

He said, o'kay".

But he wouldn't stop bothering her.

On a second visit, they were again laying in bed and he started, she said, "no", he didn't stop.

"We he finished and rolled over", I heard her tell to her friend, "
'Do you know what you just did?!' I told him,"
He said,"oh...".'"

She then asked her friend not to tell anyone...

What he did was Wrong.

What she did placed herself foolishly in harms way...

Should she have told a person in authority?

What happens to the next girl he dates? ... Would he do it again?

As I came back from the trash can I glanced over at her table,

they couldn't have been older than

13 or 14...

******
And speaking of teenagers...

we had some teenager troubles at the drive in last night.

During the first show a car that had snuck a couple in kept turning their lights on. When I finally walked over to ask them to turn off their lights, Zelda got nervous. (they never did stop. On off on...)

This is going to happen, they are children after all. And it is part of Drive In rights of passage.
I wasn't going to "tattle" on them, but I do want them to be respectful of those of us who are paying. (I see similar behavior at the Opera and Symphony...)

They left after the first movie.


What was troubling

was the car that pulled up next to us for the second show.

Again teenagers, but these were there to get high, drink, and visit with friends.

They kept coming and going, turning on their dome light, and having new friends come by.
At one point they cranked their rock station up so loud we could hear it in our car.

I rolled down the window to ask them to turn it down as some of them were having a conversation out side our door.

They couldn't hear me.
And the alcohol fumes filled our car.

Later when I opened the door to go
complain to management, Zelda became Very nervous. She's been in situations where things like this went bad wrong in a hurry.

Eventually they left to party elsewhere.

I checked the Galaxy web page and they have security and the sherif on site.

This morning I wrote them the following email...

"Howdy!

I am so glad you opened the Galaxy!
Dad took us to many movies at the drive in durning the 70's.
I have told many of my friends about you and have linked your web site from my blog.

My wife had never been. Thanks to your establishment we have made the Galaxy a regular for our "date nights". We can't buy a movie and dinner cheeper anywhere else.
(My wife has your menu announcement memoried after only two visits! She noticed "White milk and chocolate milk" were not mentioned last night! )

*She really does folks, you should ask her to rattle it off on her blog for you*

I am writing to ask you to provide a security number we can call from our cars and provide it in your announcements.

Last night we experienced some teenager problems. One car snuck a couple in along with food, which will happen. But this same car repeatedly turned on their lights through out the first movie. I spoke with them about it, but it made my wife very nervous.

The real concern was at the second feature (walk the line) a car load of kids pulled in next to us. They were drinking and smoking and continually turned on their dome light, got out the car to go visit other friends in other cars, bumped our car, and at one point cranked their rock station so loud we had to ask them to turn in down.

Finally we put our blanket over our window to cut the light.

This again made my wife very nervous and she did not want me to leave the car when I attempted to go to the concession stand.

They did eventually hook up with more friends and left half way through the show...

It was dissappointing, and is bound to happen from time to time and will not discourage us from visiting.

It would be very helpful to know that this service (an announced security number) is available should we need it again.We look forward to many more (quiet) nights at the Galaxy! "

Karl and Zelda Bunny

Let's hope the management listens
It would be a shame to stay away because we are fearful.
And the bad PR...

AND WHAT'S UP WITH TEENAGERS?

I Know it's part of that part of life, but where are the parents?

I will not ignor the problem and let potentially drunk drivers I could have done something about out on the road next time,
even if it does scare my wife...

There's always 911...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home