Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Hmm...

I have been feeling blue as of late.

I think it has to do, in part, with not getting enough sleep.

Then there is not feeling fulfilled at work.

We cleaned the back room out in prep for the new bed.
It brought up some emotion.

The matress set we are donating has been mine for over 12 years now.
(Has it really been that long?)

It holds some memories.
Mom gave it to me right after college.
I was supposed to have paid her for it.
$600.00. I can't say that I followed through.

Sorry mom.

I had young women over to spend time on that bed...

Funny how we get attached to objects that we normally never think about in our daily travels.

Z and I have been using her mattress, much firmer and newer (?), for months now and I haven't needed to 'visit' my old bed 'cept when I was sick and we both needed to rest and spread out.

Tonight they will bring the new bed and haul off the old for donation to Goodwill for someone else to spend time on with dates.
*****
This new larger bed has caused some disruption around the house.

We have had to find new homes in other rooms for Z's things.

Her cedar chest has become a very nice coffee table, large enough to spread out all our clutter.
The tin chest she got with her first husband now sits in the corner of the living room supporting a ficus tree.

We are not sure about the small zoo of stuffed animals and the chair they occupied.

Where should we put this hon?

How about...

for right now...

we put it...

in the room...

I just cleaned...

out for Z to do her art work in...


Oh well...


At least we should sleep much better...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home