Wednesday, February 08, 2006

One Drop at a Time


Read an internet article you may have already seen, but I think it’s well worth passing on.

I have decided to forgo and accept the self deprivation of no longer drinking bottled water.

We have a Britta filter pitcher at the house, and it works just fine to remove any off flavors in the local tap water.

Drop By Drop G*d filled the Oceans till they wrapped the Earth.

Drop by Drop, we accept new products to “better our lives” while we chip away at our world.

Next time you stop by the store and see the Bottled Water aisle, think about how much energy and resources were used to bring it, Chilled, to your hand, so that you could drink it, then pitch it away, all in the name of “Convenience”.

Then ask, in the Big Picture, in my Children’s children’s life time, did I REALLY need to buy that?

How Convenient is it, really?

Drip, Drip, Drip, Drip…

http://us.oneworld.net/external/yahoo.php?url=www.earthpolicy.org/Updates/2006/Update51_data.htm

1 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

I agree with your statement Karl. I drink water all the time but I have a Nalgene bottle. I actually cringe when I have to drink from bottled water because I do realize how much work goes into it. I know in certain situations, it's great to have this convenience but I generally like having my own bottle.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home