Sunday, March 05, 2006

Books to read

I just finished "Lovely Bones".
It starts out with the murder of the main character.

Well writen.

Suzie, the murdered girl watches down from 'her' heaven as her family stuggles with the sense of loss.

I enjoyed it.
thanks z for having suggested I read it.

the Church would have us believe that there is a place after death where we all worship and glorify G*d.

I have never found this kind of heaven appealing.
At least not if that G*d, that Creative Power, is some old gray haired man sitting on a throne.

Now if it is the Undiscribable Force that is the Cause of Creation, something that is constantly Doing, then I could see the life energies that have left this Earth going back to which they came and joining in to the continuous Creation that is....

As I read this morning, heaven and the great beyond seemed to be like a 4th dimension. Where one may see, and watch, and possibly influence, but not understood by those one dimension down.

Having lost my mom and dad, I have wondered if they move on and forget us, blinded by the great beyond, or do they linger.

Watching to see how we do.

Cheering for us as we move forward.

I was touched by the heaven created by the author.

Hopeful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home