Friday, February 23, 2007

Proactive

No, not the acne med.

The act of Choosing how one will respond to any given circumstance or feeling.
Pausing in the moment to decide rather than react.

I find I react too much.

Push my buttons and a day later I might settle down and think about what I should have done.
Or wish I'd done.

Our book club has moved on to chapter two of "7 habits of highly effective people".

It has been very rewarding in just a few days.

Chap. one asks that you decide to be proactive. To make a promise to yourself for thirty days and keep it. Starting small and growing.

For a long time now I have told myself I want to, and should, walk 30 minutes a day, but have never actually Done anything.

Being proactive, I have set aside time right after lunch during my lunch hour and walked.

I can see this

taking me places...

***
Got the NCARB letter from my last Architectural exam.

"PASS".

One more to go!
And that is scheduled for March 12th.

I might be a R-chee teck by the time we move into our new house!

Zelda, can I get a new car as a Congrats!?

(Just kidding.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home