Sunday, December 02, 2007

Thanks Giving

Yesterday, Dec. 1, I broke my TV fast.

Today I have decided to pick it back up.

I gorged myself on TV Saturday.
Mistakenly, I thought I could pace myself, but I have no (very little) control.
It's easy to sit and vegetate.

I also enjoy the productivity of November with out.

Finally got the rental book keeping up to speed.
Our finances are next.

Got in some nice naps over the 4 day holiday.
***
We straightened the house up for Thanks Giving.
This was my first time to host.
Zelda may feel differently, but I wouldn't mind having family over every year.

Z orchestrated the whole event and did a wonderful job, even if I did get in the way and cause her some grief.
***
I christened the fireplace and the cold, wet weather came in right on cue to make it feel like November.

It was nice to have the fire place going, some furniture in the living room, and music playing in the back ground.

I picked up a book I have read in the past and have longed to reread, Rich Dad, Poor Dad. I credit it as the factor in converting my old home into the rental.

As a sat in the living room with Snoopy on my lap and a fire in the firebox at my feet, I relaxed and became aware of the fear I experience daily over finances.

I know of many people, ourselves included, who work hard, pay our bills, and worry about the future.

We complain about the Man and how we work hard for him, or her, and scrape by.

Reality is, at least in America, we have opportunities here to BE the Man, but it is easier to ask for a job than to start a company.

Reality is, the company belongs not to the workers, but to the Man. If he wants to layoff workers, or move the operation out of country, that's his right. Our agreement with the Man, is for a fixed amount of $$ each year for work done.

It is OUR responsibility to learn about money, investing, and create our own security.

I am thankful I am learning to do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home