Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter in Austin

The office closed for Good Friday so I traveled down to the In-laws, aka, Mom and Dad's for the holiday.

Friday we met with the New York Designer and his wife in Austin and had lunch at a local TexMex haunt.

We then drove down to south of town to spend the night (camped out in our new tent!) with E and his wife and new baby. After some yummy Carnetas and beer with smores for desert, we hung out around an open fire talking about life and where it's brought us...

Later today I'll head home while Zelda heads south to complete her work in San Antonio.

My project at the office is on hold while the client secures a new hotel partner.
Fingers crossed, hopefully that will happen by this Thursday.

The office is sending some of us to Kansas City for Revit tutorial. With the slow down in the current project, I might have the opportunity to be one of those guys. The IT guy put me on the short list.
***
I have been bumping up against my limitations at the office.
My previous offices have been small, and I have been in charge interns.
The young lady I am working with now, has worked through school, is very competitive, and we bump heads.

I realize I need to check in on her work several times a day, and I must make the time to do this.
I haven't.

We also work on TEAMs. I have worked on teams before, but it wasn't in the same Cheerleader, GO TEAM! sense of TEAM. I'd say the last office worked better together than maybe this one.
Anyway. I am the slacker on the project as I do not stay till midnight, nor do I work on weekends

I need to rethink this if I want to keep my job during a down turn...
Ultimately, Zelda and I want to get our Cash Flow to a point where we do not have to work to pay our bills.

But in the mean time, I'm nervous...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home