Sunday, September 28, 2008

How does your garden grow?

Our little garden is much happier now that the weather has cooled off into the nineties.

Only two of our lettus have come up, but the tomato plant is recovering from the heat and the pumpkin has started blooming.

Next spring we will start earlier and build another planter.

Zelda has a long time friend and former gypsy who has settled down in south Texas to start a family. They have an old house they moved to a plot of land and added onto themselves. They planted a garden and traded for a cistern to hold rain water.

They took off two weeks to hold up in the house together when their baby was born.
I envy them. I fear I will not decide for myself where I want to go when our baby is here.

"See you tonight Love, gotta get to the office, oh, and kiss the baby for me."

Jim Rohn in his "Challenge to Succeed" warns of letting others "nudge" us off course.

I have been nudged, well, I have totally abdicated my responsibility for where I want my life to go.

I have not taken the time to get out and see what can be accomplished, then stopped, sat back in a quiet place to plan my future...

Time to grow up and take that responsibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home