Monday, December 22, 2008

Closing In

Zelda and I are both doing well financially.

We both work in an industry that is sensitive to the banking crisis.

My boss sat down with us last Friday to give us the State of the Union of our company.

We have the jobs to keep us busy.

We have the clients who want to have us do work for them.

There is a market for their product.

Unfortunately... they haven't been able to get the financing to start the projects...

Fortunately, the owner of the company I work for are willing to cut us back in pay rather than cut us loose.

We hope Obama's inauguration will relax the purse strings...
...
While we are bailing out the Auto Industry, I came across an article by Bill Moyers that high lights the tax breaks the Big Companies have been getting from the Congress over the last decades.

They used to pay 20% of Fed taxes.
Now they pay less than 8%.
You and I pay 15% plus.

their bail out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home