Sunday, August 29, 2004

Carmen

Picked up Bizet's Opera, "Carmen".

Took some doing, I can be cheep and at the same time, spend good $$$ on wasteful junk!

I am happy to say, "Carmen", is well worth the investment!

For those of you old enough, think "The Bad News Bears", from the 70's. And the singing Tomato from "Sesame Street" from the same era. (So far I seem to be the only one of my friends to remember her. She had big vegtable ear rings and the same for eyes and mouth. She belted it out, making *most* of the notes. She was, after all, a fruit!)

It's a rush to hear these musical bonbons that I know from life all coming together in its original. "Wow, I know that peice!"

As a child I remember "screaming and yelling" coming from the radio while dad listened, and thinking to myself, "How could Anyone stand that noise!". Much like my nephew and sister must think as my brother-in-law listens to "The Ring Cycle". 14 hours

I was suprised when I sucum to the suduction of the human voice.
Nothing like it!

Like an expensive woman, I lavish large sums on her just to be in her presense. I look forward all year to be with her. In the dark. Alone amoungst thousands. She's mine, hands off!

All about sex, and passion, and lust, and betrail. Jelousy, rage, anger, murder, and death. All emotion and very little thinking by anyone. And that's what I LOVE about it. The human experience that I have hidden from for most of my life.


Opera, gotta love it!

(Side note: Article in this months Men's Health compares the High of being in love with the same reaction one gets from Cocaine. NO WONDER I'm still thinking of high school! She was sooooooo damn gorgeous! and HOT!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home