Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Mess Spelled

Dating a woman who was a spelling bee champ has made me more aware of my
pour speelling.

Well, I AM an Architect.
Poor spelling comes with the title. At least for me.

In thinking about it today and yesterday,
I know words more by how they LOOK than by
"i before e except after c".

Many times I will second guess myself because the word 'doesn't look right'.
Most of the time it is correct, but seems odd because it's on a computer screen.
Or is in a font that strikes me as strange.

This is not to say that I don't miss spell words regularly.
I do.

I would like to think that I am well educated enough to know.
And proud enough to take the time to look them up on the word processor.
(blogspot, unlike yahoo, doesn't provide spell check.)
And there is also my fingers getting to fast for me on a new/different key board.
This notebook will get some getting used to. (to end a sentence with a preposition).

Fortunately, Zelda isn't arogant, and doesn't look down upon me for being literally challenged...
*tee hee*.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i consider your misspellings one of your more endearing qualities...kind of like MMhHMMM or creamy cheesy creamy creamy or looking down your nose at me before you kiss me.

i am happy to be your spellcheck.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home