Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Stray Thoughts

Watching an article on Martha Stewart tonight.
She was reading a line about throwing the bouquet and stopped, because the 'syntax' was wrong.

Reminded me of the Interior Designer Principal.

"Interior Designer"
the title has been over taken, held hostage, by people who are no more than
'Interior Decorators'.

Interior Decorators
pick colors.
Fabrics,
Furniture.
They deal in making a living in the Superficial.
(Except for Senior Architect, all the registered Interior Designers in our office,
are the former. Which is interesting, because they strongly believe the architecture, and consultants should play second fiddle to them. I as an Architect, think of it as a colaborative between ALL parties. And I get to direct. I can't put HVAC in a space needed by structure. I try as best as I can to accomodate all disciplines.)

Now,for an example of what an 'Interior Designer" does,

Picture an office building.
or a mall.

Got it? O'kay,
take out all the walls,
expose the electrical,
the structural,
the HVAC (HeatingVentilation and Air Conditioning),
the floors.

Tear it all the way down to the walls of the next lease space, the ceiling deck (the underside of the floor above) and the floor deck.

An Interior Designer deals with all of the parts of the space, named above, plus the design of the finished look.

This is also known as an Architect.

But even though I do most all this, I don't study furniture. Or fabrics.
So, I have to study 4 years, work under the 'direct supervision' of a registered "Interior Designer" for another 2 (this is for states that require professional registration, ie. Texas)
and take an exam to get the 'Title', Interior Designer.

Just goes to show the power of political action committees.
**************
Woody.
My Woody.

I'm concerned about how he's going to take this whole marriage thing.
He's none too friendly to other cats.
Must be his older age.

And I'm going out of town to see Zelda later today.

Woody will be alone...

Zelda has a pussy.
Well... duh..

What I mean is
I have a Woody,
and she has a
pussy.

Cats!!!


And a very jealous pussy
cat
at that.

Ankle biter!

My goal this weekend is to make the pussys
happy!!

I'll try my best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home