Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Ah Choo

Ah Choo!!

My office machine caught a nasty virus that bombards my computer with pop ups and various desk top ads.

We had the computer guy stop by yesterday to see if he could clean it up.
He’s going to have to research it.     

When I started here last year, my machine had a handful of viruses that weren’t invasive, but at the same time, weren’t wanted.

This bug is associated with one of the MySpace web sites used to add video or music to your page. I’d recommend avoiding this one.

The Kid was helping me out, and since, *fortunately*, my lap top refused to access the web that day, it was spared.

Zelda already reprimanded me for doing this on company time (but it was my lunch break!!), and now I am solely on my machine to put out office work. I cost the company time and $$.  

I won’t be doing that again.

I worry about visiting my myspace site to clean it up lest I have infected my site…


So….

********
On an aside.

The citizens of the Great State of Texas voted yesterday to Pass the

If you don’t fit the Biblical Mold, then you cain’t get married. So there!
state constitutional amendment.

If we are being Biblical, and more specifically, Christian…

“Christian” meaning a follower of ‘The Christ’, the Savior.

And the “Law of the Christ” being:
First love the Lord your G*d above all else, and
The Second, Love your Neighbor as you would want to be loved.
(Paraphrased)

(Christ ate with sex workers and the “dregs” of society.
He clearly stated his two and only two Laws. The Bible does not give us His views on homosexuality.)

Wouldn’t we vote for love and not prejudice?



***********
Do we REALLY think that if HE, had been allowed to Vote, that HE would have actually voted FOR this amendment?!!
***********



I believe that it will fail constitutionally at the Federal level as it clearly discriminates.

But sadly in the mean time,

should Red become ill and become incapacitated, even though J lives and has lived with Red, pays the bills, shares a life, loves him, chooses to be with him, as I have chosen to be with Zelda, that J will have

NO

LEGAL

RIGHT

to visit Red in the ICU.

Only “FAMILY” allowed…

And should J be killed in a car accident.
Red will not be allowed to inherit J’s things or
be eligible for benefits that a married couple would.

Because they are the same sex?

No.

I can inherit my brother’s things automatically should he have no other living relatives.

But because, WE, society, have decided to interfere with the PRIVATE goings on in TWO people’s lives.

Why do we, as G*D fearing people, have the right to pee on their relationship!?

I saw a bumper sticker that read “Marriage = Man + Woman”

What ever happened to “Marriage = LOVE”?

As we see daily in advertising and in the interactions of people,
SEX is more powerful than G*D, so we had best keep it under wraps if we want to control the masses…

Anyway…

Sorry guys,

Zelda and I stood in line for 2 hours to vote

“NO” with and for you…

1 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

I like your equation on marriage=love.
I think these judgemental Christians give the rest of them a bad name. My mother is a regular church goer and I think the majority of people at the church are the same way. Christ is about love and all major religions basically are about love.
I don't have a problem with people not agreeing with homosexuality and thinking it is wrong. I think it would be naive to assume everyone will be supportive of homosexuals.
But homosexuals are humans too, and they have rights, even if you think the homosexual lifestyle is 'immoral'.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home