Wednesday, November 09, 2005

the demise of the Kid

Got a text message from the Kid this am.
(Imagine, getting text messages by phone! What will they think of next? Video?)

He told big Boss that he was leaving, but did not tell him the date he promised his new employer, Nov. 7th.

Last week he gave me his last day as today, Wednesday. I purposely didn’t make lunch today, though I do have one from Monday, so I could go to lunch with him on his last day. I was under the impression that everyone knew and it would be a big going away lunch for him…

Big Boss is under the impression that it is sometime next week?

His text message simply said, “I’m gone”.

I called to verify.

Because his new bosses pressured him yesterday when he went in to process his paperwork, he came back, cleared out his desk and won’t be back…

Kids these days…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home