Friday, December 16, 2005

Getting Lucky

Last Tuesday, while Zelda was getting a spa treatment as an appeasement from Mr. Personality from the office, I walked the mall.

"Excuse me sir? May I ask you a question?"
And thus began the sales pitch for a skin care product.

Nice stuff. Has helped my dry skin.

During the demo, she, a pretty, young, twenty something from over seas took my arm and applied the exfoliant.
Twice my hand brushed her breast.
The second time was after I pulled back due to the first...

A'hem, I'm married.
**********
I like women's breasts.
Alot.
There is some unique quality about the female breast in its tactle firm, springiness, confined in its clothing that is unlike touching a woman any where else.

Each culture has its own "zone of separation" into which when someone else, whom we do not know well, tresspasses, we automatically feel uncomfortable.

She was WAY into mine, even if she was a
pretty, young, twenty something from over seas.

I guess when you are trying to sell something, because your continued stay in a foreign land, in this case, America, using (?) your body to potentially Make the Sale, is to be overlooked.

Her coworker was a dolled up blonde in tight clothes.
I prefered the brunette who spoke with me.

How often will a sales woman let a complete stranger, in this case a man, brush her?
(She insisted!)
In my world, not often enough...
*******
Last weekend Z and I had dinner at Lucky's Restaurant.
It's in the gayborhood just down the way from J's.
As the silver Audi drove by, I crained my neck to see if it was he.

Everything I have ordered there has been excellent.

"Moma's Meatloaf please!"

They must have been cleaning out the stock for the night as they gave me a huge portion.

There IS such a thing as

Too Much of a Good Thing.

Which brings up the question;

Is it possible to get a half order for half the price in a Restaurant these days?

W i t h o u t - h a v i n g - t o - a s k - for it?...

Psychologically, I understand the marketing and business plan behind
Giving the Customer More than they Expected.

Which breeds the problem of, "Last time you gave me more."

Which spreads and feeds (pardon the pun) upon itself and infects other food establishments.

But when does Too Much, become Enough?

It's not suprising to learn that Americans are getting FAT.

To the marketing guys and gals out there who plan the menus in America:

CAN WE GET SMALLER PORTIONS, for those of us who do not want to end up a big as a cow?

And I'd like that with an proportionately proper price tag,

thank you very much!




The simple solution is to of course, split the meal with Z.

1 Comments:

Blogger My Daily Struggles said...

Spa treatments. Cool!

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home