Saturday, December 10, 2005

Taking Credit

Just out of high school, I remember if I wanted to go out to eat, I had to plan ahead.

The anxiety of worring about having enough cash to cover the meal.

I haven't felt that fear in years.

I now have credit cards, and they don't have a limit...

This really has promoted some bbb-aaa-dd habits on my part.

I whip it out far too often without thinking. (Sounds like a horny high schooler!)

And justify it with,
"I have the money to pay it off in full at the end of the month".
Which was true for a long while.

It is too easy to use plastic...

Borrowing on the Future Value of Money (which, due to inflation, is in our favor. The fed. gov. LOVES it. Borrow today, because it will be worth less by the time it gets paid off) today for a quick bite to eat.

Or a new toy.

I regularly charge $500.00 a month on food and gas with out ever being aware of the amount of $$$ flowing through my hands.

I have been fortunate.

Still am, but now I am sharing that same money with someone not as frugal. (I am painting an unfair portrait of Zelda buy using that term. She is no spend thrift. And in addition to being Queen of the Universe, she is also Queen of budgeting, having lived for years on an impossible salary all while going to school, buying art supplies, working, and keeping up a social life. She even was able to buy a new car. Truth: I used the term "frugal" because to do other wise would be to paint myself as "cheep". Which neither of us are, but sometimes I worry that I am...)
Zelda knows how to make the most of things.

Which is a blessing.

Left to my own devices, I would cut back on most everything so I could pay off my debts. (At the moment, the average fees for our credit card debt is over $300.00 a month. Which would cover our house payment. Or buy Zelda's Christmas gift.)
That works for a single person.

We need to get out and spend a little money for and on ourselves from time to time.

I'm going to continue to think on how to take control of my $$$ life.

If I earned less, I'd have to get by without.

But we are "cursed" with abundance which we gladly spend as we bring it in.

And the fed. gov. and the credit card banks, and the stores know it.

bbb-aaaa !!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home