Monday, December 05, 2005

Friends

Zelda and I are typical newly weds I'm sure.
Spending most every waking moment together.
Even more so now that we car pool.
And I enjoy it. (As I hope and believe she does too)

It has floated around in my mind that we should "branch" out a bit...

But as I am currently Zelda's "only" friend in Texas, and a friend for women is close to being as vital as air, time away from each other seems to wilt Zelda.

My sister is a good possibility. (If you love Bunny, then you have to love the women in his life!)

And at the same time, being together all the time can be (don't take this literally Z, I'm only trying to make a point, not a comment on US) just as suffocating.

For my Christmas wish list I asked for a Happy, Healthy wife (and more sex, which hinges on a "Happy Healthy wife!)

I also asked for more Me time, and time away to myself.

It was "brought home" last week when Zelda asked to visit her parents for a weekend, which I am all for, and this brought up the problem of "what to do with the other Opera ticket??"

"Ask a friend, but she can't be cuter than Me!", Zelda said.

This might not be a problem, except when I stopped to think about it, I haven't kept up with my friends.

Most of the women I knew before Zelda were of a romantic nature. ("Um...darling?... may I uh...take an old girlfriend to the Opera?" *gulp*)

J has been absorbed in his relationship. (and isn't interested in the Opera)

I don't attend church anymore (and most of the folks I knew there, being a Single's group, have moved on).

My brother in law likes Opera, but his work schedule (up early) doesn't get along with the Opera's (11:00 pm finish plus 45 minute drive) and he has passed.

So that leaves...

Co workers?

That's limited...

I have a co-worker who has a painting group that meets weekly to talk about painting and to paint...
Maybe we dig up your boxes...

Here's a thought...

Rather than spend a gagillion dollars to buy a new house, we buy one of those barn/sheds for the backyard and convert it into a studio/work shop/exercise room?

One air filter could handle the entire space...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home