Wednesday, November 23, 2005

This is NOT FUN

This is NOT a fun Holiday…

Zelda thinks I’m even keeled.

Well not today.

I am pissed with my wife at the moment.

She slammed the bedroom door this morning as she got up. There was absolutely no reason for it.

Did I mention it was My Day Off???

*She doesn’t slam doors, cabinets, etc. unless she’s mad at me.*

It started last night when she ‘ambushed’ me as I was getting ready for bed.

She had some laundry in the drier she needed waited on and hung up, and since I didn’t have to get up at 5:30 tomorrow…

And also, she wanted me to clean both bathrooms today.
Which isn’t a problem, but I’m not prepared to scrub the tub, as I have already scheduled a full day’s chores I have had in the planning for weeks. (This was a Rescheduled Day Off as I had to work through the last one…)

This last minute “Oh by the way, I need this ASAP”, is the SAME Bull Shit that Senior Architect pulls at the office.

The problem is she has bitten off more than she can chew and wants me to help digest.

She wants to help make Thanks Giving lunch tonight (Wed.)
We went shopping last night.
Wants to spend most of the day with her family Thursday.
This is news to me.
My nephew’s birthday is Friday, so we are spending some time with my sister’s family.

And she has asked her parents to spend the night Friday.

I’m missing my Aggie game for a number of reasons. But this doesn’t mean I did not want to watch some of it Friday. This doesn’t look like it will be possible…

Anyway, she’s paniced because the guest room is not even close to ready.
It’s her room. She’s had it for four months.

She will be pissed at me should I give in to my fatigue and go to bed, as it IS a Holiday…

The Thanks Giving I was looking forward to was spending a couple of hours with my former boss and “adopted” family for lunch, for which we help out, but don’t bring anything. (She won’t let anyone cook. It’s her gift to her friends and she’s done it for the last 10 years.)

Zelda wanted to spend it with her folks, and it has turned into a royal pain…

It’s a lose-lose situation.

She’ll be pissed when she reads this.

Like today, with all my chores I had and needed to complete, I had to
Choose
which ones could be done,
which ones to post pone, and
which aren’t going to happen.

We can visit her parents all day Thursday
Or
We can clean house so they can visit Friday and Saturday
Or
We can have them Spend some time Saturday as originally planned.
Or
We can stay up late to clean up, which I am against,
as it is,
after all,

A FUCKING HOLIDAY!!!

A day of REST and RELAXATION…

A big feast is nice, but not necessary.

Shit,
Thanks Giving is usually my favorite Holiday…

Happy Fucking Thanks Giving Y’all…


Post Script: Thanks Giving Day 2005

It's morning, I made some yummy yummy Wafflas this morning for Zelda and me.

I thought it wise to have a trial run since I am in charge of Breakfast Saturday for the rents. Zelda was impressed!

We were both in a grumpy mood yesterday. And that is not the other's fault.
She is not an ogre, and I am not a troll.

We are, in fact, human. And from time to time, we have bad days.
Yesterday we had one together.

Lest I gave the impression that Zelda is the bad guy, she's not.

I have my flaws.

Communicating when I'm tired or grummpy is not a strong point of mine.

We say things when we are tired or stressed that we don't necessarily mean.
The thing to remember is not to take any of it personally. And when Zelda vented her frustrations last night after reading this post, I kept quiet and let her have her say. Just as I have the right to express my self, in a respectful way, so does she.

This is my blog. Zelda respects that, and I love and admire her for it.

We love each other and I am here to publically apologize for hurting my dearest Zelda.

I LOVE ZELDA.

(And am looking forward to the make up sex!!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Karl & Zelda ~

Don’t sweat the small stuff, k?

Happy Thanksgiving you guys!

(((*Hugs*from*Omaha)))

7:09 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Angela is right. It's not Thanksgiving here in Canada, we had it a month ago.
Enjoy the Thanksgiving and chillax!

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home