Thursday, December 01, 2005

$$$

I spent most of the holiday and the last two weekends bringing the check book up to date.

It was time well spent!

Had I waited a week later, we would have been in a world of hurt!

A cliff hanger if you will.
Sunday afternoon we were fine, with less than fifty dollars to spare.

I kept at it and by Sunday evening, discovered we were about a 1,000 out!!!

A scramble ensued Monday to move cash from savings and a credit card or two into the checking.

(I should have listened to my gut when buying my new glasses and waited!!!)

We are fine now.

But this focus on $$$ has been good for us.
Until this, we had been on auto pilot, spending and paying off bills with out too much worry.

Zelda and I are currently flirting with buying a new house!!

What are the payments, insurance, down payment?
What to do with the current house?

I e-mailed a friend of mine who works in real estate to ask what the rental "comps" are for our neighborhood. Things look very promising! And even Zelda isn't so worried about it...

A new house would be a different kind of "burden".
But it's neccessary for "US" to make a fresh start together and to leave the past in the, well... past!

We have a house in mind in a new neighborhood that is with a company I like, has a green belt*with a 200 year old tree as it's focus* for walking, and "old" style houses with front porches and small front yards so you can talk to your neighbors.

We'll see...

The question remains...
Do we buy a house even further south extending our commute??
Or go with an old one closer to down town Dallas, but with the ensuing problems of polution?

Or...

To give Zelda a better health environment, move completely out of state???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home