Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A good bye of sorts

Now former boss had his surgery Tuesday.

For the most part, from what I heard, it was a success.
But it appears to have spread.
They should have a better idea when the reports come back next week.

His major concern was the Unknown…

*This may mean the end of this company.
Boss’s wife is not a registered Architect.
Company will fold without the Architectural services it performs.*

That and I do not think the staff will stay.
She and Senior Architect have a running feud.
He was grandfathered into the title Interior Design, paid $300.00 for the card, and won’t let her forget it.
I would have fired him.
Anyway…

We just hired a young woman full time.
I will miss getting to know her and helping her towards her registration. She and her family are from India.

Leaving seems perfect timing on my part.
I did not know when I turned in my letter.

When I let Boss know I was leaving, he asked to speak with me about what he might have done better.
We never got to speak. So I decided to leave a note.

He has too much to think about at the moment to worry about why I left, so I thought I’d think about it and clarify it in my mind.

Clean it up some as well.

Here is the note, save the names, as I wrote him.

**

“Boss,

I wanted to let you know I enjoyed my time here at ABCD.

Before I started here I reviewed my long term goals.
I want to move out of state, and so set a time limit of two years with you.

My plans have changed some, but I still wish to move out of state.
Zelda and I are now working towards that goal.


You asked if you could have changed things.

If I could change things at ABCD, I would rework the layout of the floor plan so that the staff was laid out as a group.
With the project archs along the glass and the staff to I-35, where the interiors library is now.
And would combine the two libraries back here by the back door.

As it is now, I feel left out, unwanted if you will, back in the Architectural library.
Communication is poor.

I would buy, not repair, but buy new chairs for the staff.
I asked and was turned down.(I was getting headaches and back strain daily.)
Hundreds of thousands for salaries, but we work on 15 year old chairs.
I don't understand that math.
There is a reason why half the staff bring their own chairs.

I would no longer require your Professional staff to do the dishes.
On the average day, the dirty dishes, coffee cup and pot, are yours, not ours.
To ask us to do what the principals do not, creates resentment in the staff.
We are busy making you money putting out jobs.
If you are going to require it, I would disclose this in all job interviews.

When I interviewed, many things were said that never came to pass.
I am used to working for people who are good on their word.
I spent my own money to buy a laptop, upgrades, and software in preparation for that day.

I heard rumors about people not getting raises for 3 years.
I also heard that if I were to get one, I would have to ask.
I did and was put off.
If am worth it, give it to me.
If you can't at the moment, tell me why.
And if you aren't willing to give one, let me know so that I may make changes.


I have learned a great deal here and would like to have continued with you.

Daily I hear Senior Architect and Superman doing things I really want to do, headaches, over time and all.

It appears that in order to do that, I have to move on.


I hope your health improves and you have many more years of designing club houses.
You are in our prayers.

Stay healthy and kiss your wife everytime you can!

Karltb”

************



Superman keeps a top 10 funny sayings list he collects from coworkes.

Recently he updated it to 15 and added one of his own.

Let me leave you with this…

“A Holiday is a day when it is easier to drive in to work.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home