Thursday, February 16, 2006

Where's the happiness?

This morning, on the drive in to work, running late, because I rebel against being adult and making my lunch the night before, I thought, "I need a change...".

Everyday, day after day, Z and I get up and go through the same thing.

Traffic,
pollution,
same ole same old,
to make a paycheck to support ourselves so we can make it to work 5 days a week.

We were passed by 5 people in a hurry to get to work (50 mph in a 40), maybe they were late too? I'm thinking they "love" trafic as much as Z and I...

Images of older houses in older cities with views of the ocean come to mind, more and more often.

This weekend is a two day seminar on investing that I have free tickets for, and wanted Z to see.

She's not feeling well,
it will be crowded,
and we may have freezing rain and ice,
so it looks like we won't make it.

I have put my investing dream on hold as we make a home for ourselves and pay off old debt...
I sometimes wonder if it will ever get back on track...

I guess if we take the additional income I will earn in 6 months as a registered Architect and set it aside for investing, and live off of the rest as we are now...

I feel we are going in the wrong direction. (See Rebel against being an Adult above...)

At the moment we are planning a new home, which we really need.
I am at a loss as to where all this $$$ will come from to buy something else...
***
Z wrote the LAST check to Discover Card last night.
She got it back when it was still owned by Sears and was reputable...
As they are now, they might as well have managers named Guido and Louie.
If you pay only the minimum payment on a Discover statement, the interest paid on that payment is

89%.

Z wanted to add "Kiss my Ass!" to the check...

They have in the last few months increased her limit to $9,800.00 at 24% annual.
But when she called to negotiate a lower interest rate because we had paid down so much, they said

"No".

Anyway...

No more Discover Card Debt!!!
***
Zelda went home early yesterday from Non Allergy related allergies...(she's not allergic to "anything" at the moment. But her body doesn't know that and acts as if its allergic to everything)
She wasn't feeling any better this morning. Add to the fact that my lateness puts her into trafic from Hell, and I told her to turn around after dropping me off and going back home...

Independ women these days! She didn't do a thing I said... And she complains that I don't listen to her!
***
Something has got to change...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home