Monday, February 20, 2006

Something has gotta give

I was feeling the weather and allergies plus the job crunch.

Came home with a headache...

As did Zelda, which for her is sadly, the norm for the last 9 months...
*******
I am torn because I DO enjoy how I make a living.

It has gotten trickier since I've become married.

Z has to wait more often than we'd both like for me to leave work

In order to complete the work, I HAVE to work late on occation.

She doesn't like to wait. And I feel guilty for it...

How to balance that is to be determined...

Easiest way would be to drive separately and put in the long hours such that Superman and Senior Architect do.

I have been feeling depressed and today like I was dying.

Frustration with the situation with the project due today.

I should have taken work home Friday and worked through the weekend.

We still wouldn't have been finished, but we would have been closer.

This would have made the home life unhappy.

Zelda misses me when I drive separately and work late.

She doesn't have the support group she has in Omaha.
And her girlfriends have begun to call less and less as time passes.

Add in not feeling well and it's not a happy situation.
****
I have said it before, and I say it again...

I am at a loss as to what to do ('guys DO, women Talk' as the authors claim. And I agree) for her.

How to make her happy. How to make her feel better.

I will be visiting an Oreck store to buy an air filter (Anyone out there who has tried a filtration system they like please let me know. Oreck has great ad that temps me, but that's tv...) soon.

I can only hope this will make the house a little more bearable for her...
*****
Z mentioned tonight what I was thinking at work today, if I have to work over time regularly with this new company, then we will have to drive separately.

In order to succeed in my line of work, I'm going to have to work some kind of OT. Be it at work, or bring some of it home.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try Aprilaire. Excellent filtration system! And such a clever name...If it's a vacuum you seek, we love our Oreck (specially for pet hair) April

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home