Saturday, January 13, 2007

Crap Jan, 2007

Ah, after a week and a half of getting run around and bounced back and forth between
the City,
the plumbers,
our friend the attorney,
a panicky wife,
the up coming Holidays,
and a deadline at work,

I decided to take a holiday from worring about old plumbing.

Plumber no. 1 found a blockage at 75'.
He also found a problem at the property line.

The city come out and found the same problems but located them in different places.

Plumber no 2 found he could no longer get his camera past the problem at our property line.

Plumbers no. 3 came out the following week, dug a 6'-0" hole and repaired the problem at the property line. (Fortunately for Zelda and I, the home equity line of credit was approved a week previous, so we had the 1,150. to pay the plumbers.)

The company that was recommended by our Insurance Company (All State), called to let us know it would be an additional $600.00 to "sanitize their equipment" so it ran 2,200 to dry us out and sanitize the floors.

Zelda had a cleaning company mop up and clean the fixtures that had been contaminated.

Plus 500 for a week in the hotel.
***
May I suggest you check with your Insurance company about their policy on backed up sanitary sewers.
***
I'll have to get the financial all straightened out this month.

We both pulled cash from our American Express cards.
So we have 23% interest on emergency funds.
Amex has the contract written so that all lesser interest accounts must be paid off before any payments will be made to the higher interest loans.

that is bull shit.

I will be paying off and closing my Amex account.
***
Seems I need to pay more attention to the fine print in the policies I sign up for...

that and be aware of the letters they send out changing the previous contracts...

Greedy bastards...
***
The better revenge I think, would be to keep the card, charge on it each month, making sure I pay it all off in full. Earning the advantage credits...

Greedy Me!
***

I made my dead line at work.
We repaired our section of the line.

I will put in a call this week to the City and speak dirrectly to the man who can make a decision, and who knows what the rules actually are.

There were too many players in this little sitcom.

I was too reactionary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home