Saturday, November 03, 2007

A table

Z and I were going to meet with a former coworker of mine for coffee and to let the two women meet each other.

Due to a cold, this will have to wait.

It was in the part of town where Z and I had our first date so we revisited one of those spots.

We have a new home.
An empty new home.
And a bank account to match.

Up stairs, in the far back corner, was the folding kitchen table Z and looked at two years ago.

But they have changed out the wood.

Z keeps telling me, "the oak table is never coming back, give it up."

And I know this.

but I can still dream can't I?

That and I'll write the powers that be and hey, they customize the sofas and chairs, they have the old patterns and made the old table... maybe... just maybe... if I throw some money at it, and enough letters, maybe I can get them to make a table I really want...the oak folding table I 'fell in love' with at first sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home