Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day 8

Zelda and I have about two months before our funds run out.
I have applied for unemployment, substitute teaching, and a number of architectural listings.

The recruiters I have spoken with have bleak things to say.

Today I'm off to have lunch with a former coworker to gather some portfolio work I did while with his company.

The position I was given, Mr. Restaurant, at that firm, is the only business line that seems to be bringing in business right now.

I took a risk. It didn't pay off like I thought. But it was the right thing to do.

The recruiters have also told me that I have been under paid for the last number of years.

Home Hope is program thru the mortgage companies and the gov. to help those in a bind with their house payments.

The best case senario as I see it right now, is we could get our new home sold on short sale. It would ding our credit, but not show up as a foreclosure.

I am also applying for truck driving. Our neighbor is doing quite fine for himself driving truck.

Zelda is going to give us a baby in 3 short months. I will do what it takes to take care of her and our new one.
***
In the worst case situation, we will have food and shelter provided by friends, church, and family.

God bless those in this same mess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home