Monday, January 24, 2005

zelda speaks

in poetry

in my ear

on the phone

every night


Wonderful way to end a day.
With the voice of a cherished love
echoing in your ear.

We are in that new love phase,
that is stong and brave and
at the same time
vulnerable.

Emotions run high.
Any insecurities could
start it spinning.

At least in a less mature
secure person.

She knows who she is.
I know who I am.

We don't need each other,
but we want each other.
********************
Meet the family
stage.

I have met mom and dad.
Briefly.
I was picking up their daughter to
take her to the airport the next day.
Dad was not well.

Well, I did take her to the airport the next day
but that was not the main reason.
Just a fringe bennifit.
We wanted to sleep and wake with each other.
We wanted to hear each other's voice.
To smile and look deeply into the other.

And we wanted sex.

It still strike me odd
the back ground thought
"Hi Mr. ______.
Very nice to meet you,
(uh, yes. I am fucking your daughter. Do I look guilty?)
So, how's retirement treating you?"

This is not the first time I have been in this situation.
Still the same,
I am old fashioned in my upbringing.
And it feels akward.
The women haven't seemed to be troubled by this.

And just for clarity.
I'm not THAT old fashioned in my thinking...

Zelda speaks
I listen


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We don't need each other,
but we want each other."

i love how you have said this. this is what i have said in my heart. "i want him."

z

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home