Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Well... We're back...inside the car....again....

Zelda is stressed.

Which means I'll be stressed.
Learning damage control...with her.

She is packed up and ready for the movers tomorrow.
I'll fly in later tomorrow.

Hopefully she won't swat me.
**************
I usually attempt humor when in a tight spot with loved ones.
Worked well with my dying mother.

(Interesting. "Die" means to expire. "Dye" means to color. But "Dying" means coming near to an end. (Webster's New World Dictionary) I guess "Diing" or "Ding" would not be a dignidied thing to do.)

Hopefully it will not get on Zelda's nerves too much. And she will understand my intent is to defuse, not riducule.
******************
We have choosen a venue for the wedding.
I want simple.
We want friends.

We had simple, but things changed.
We were flexible and Zelda put in some sluthing and found additional venues.

I am choking on the fees.
The hotel wants 2 grand for food and room. Plus 21% gratuity. Plus Tax.
For two hours...
Our simple gathering and meal has now multipled in price by almost 7 times.

I guess I didn't comunicate with Zelda very well.

I love my friends and family. But really, do we need to spend $100 per person because we want them to join us for our "eloption"? (It's French. See the "tion"?)

Sweetheart, I want to spend that $$$ on our new home.
On new furniture.
On paying off some of our debts.
On our future.

Not on two hours in a nice hotel.
*************
You don't have access to the internet for the next couple of days, and so I will talk with you in person.

I appreciate very much the hard work you did in finding these events.
You are a wonderful event planner. And very gracious!
I love the little things you have done for me, the B&B, the cards, the wine.

If this is what you want, I'll do it...
*********************
Heard through the grapevine that our two Interiors girls are out of here.

Boob brush woman is cutting back on her busy schedule to get her life in order. (Divorce and four jobs. I don't know how one can have a quality relationship with one's focus scattered between so many obligations).

And the young intern is still too green. We spent more time, unfortunately, picking up her mistakes than she did in creating them. We'd keep her, because even with all the redlines, we need people!! She also is not focused on the work. At 23 she already has an infant, and is talking about starting another one by the fall. (Did I say her boyfriend/husband doesn't have a job! and they are living off of her mother?)
The bosses want to cut her loose. Always have...she doesn't fit the 'image' of an 'interior designer'.

So... an "interiors" focused office, will again only have one 'Interior Designer' in the back office... who knows almost nothing about the Archtecture he is dressing up, but only about 'picking colors'. And the Architects, who are not "qualified" to do "Interiors" will again be responsible for creating the interiors drawings...
***************
Zelda has now told me multiple times that she "is no longer employed". That is, until Monday, when she starts her new job, at higher pay. I don't think she likes not having something to do, and a paycheck.

I was self employed for a year and a half. That is the definition of "unemployed". Constantly out finding new work.
I'm much more laid back about it. We'll see how well we "mix".

Love you Zelda Bunny!
***************
Zelda, in our conversations over the last couple of months, has metioned, or offered up, the notion that I don't have to marry her.
I have meant to ask her about this.
Makes me nervous.
Does she want out?
What if I had said, "Okay"?
J and Red dated, broke up, "hated" each other went separate ways, dated (screwed) others, and finally came back together and are now living with each other, in a committed relationship.
I don't know if a long distance romance could handle that.
I know I would make my way back to Zelda even so...
I was dating others when we first met.
Some I was really interested in, others not so, some for a fling.
I always looked forward to speaking/seeing her.
*****************8
It will all be Okay tomorrow night when I walk down that concourse and see my Bunny girl!

And we will drive each other nuts.
But inbetween, we'll love each other, and have lots of healing sex.

*grin*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home