Thursday, May 05, 2005

When It Rains, It Pours

On the way home tonight I stopped in for gas.
As I washed my windows, I heard a woman's voice say "Hi Bunny (no, she doesn't know me as Bunny)", insert flirtatious inflection.

It was a woman, Real Ester, I met and dated last year.
If you review my older blogs, she's the "older woman".
We went out a number of times in a romantic way.

She's old school. The man gets all the doors, all the bills.
For you women out there, that's sexy.
(I'm learning Zelda to wait for me to get the doors.)

Although we were reading the same story... we were never on the same page.
When I shared with her that it would be better for us to be friends, she brought up the suggestion of...sex.
Huh?
When I was angling for it, she was "hard to get". (Ah!!!, "Old School"!! O well *tee hee*)

We didn't.

She has a fear of STDs. Maybe needlessly. But it's her life, her health..
We talked about them, but I never got to the point of telling her.

We lost touch with each after the holidays.
She left the state to take care of her daughter back north.
She's doing well.

Her daughter is now living with her here in Dallas.

We chatted for a while, caught up with each other.
We are going out for coffee.
(Zelda, is it okay? And if things go well?! *Tee Hee!!*)
*****************
As I took out my phone to take a photo of her for my phone book,
a woman I had gone out with a couple of times, called. (No, I didn't answer as I was talking to Real Ester, but the message was about getting together for dinner.)
**********************
And then I stopped by the grocery store to pick up some Cheetos, for Zelda, (I dont' touch them, they will turn your pee, YELLOW! Don't believe me!? TRY IT!!) and bread.

I met a young woman I went out with two years ago. She is a real person, with all the weakness that go with real people. She is afraid of going anywhere besides home, work, and family.
She has a crush on me. (See never gets out above.)
She had a bad marriage, a wife beater, and has two beautiful children, her son is autistic.
She is rough around the edges.

And I have recognized a trend. She wanted to go home with me, if you know what I mean...

I was hesitant to tell her I have a girl in my life.
I told her and watched as she deflated, which I knew she would.
She limits herself and because of this Self Limitation, she doens't see the bounty of things the Universe offers her every day.
I was the "best offer she had", at least as she can see it.

I encouraged her to start getting out and walking her neighborhood.
"It's too dangerous".
She'll live a desparate life...
sadly of her own making...

"And G*d said, 'Let us make Man in our own image..."
Meaning we, like the Devine, have the ability to CREATE our world...

Such a powerful gift,
to such a deserving person,
left on the shelf
unopened...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm...pee is already yellow.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Paperslut said...

Neat blog :D

Do visit mine
http://yellowwonderwall.blogspot.com

10:32 PM  
Blogger karlthebunny said...

I have reviewed Wonderwall and will leave the link here, Wonderwall is from India.
Hey India!

8:15 AM  
Blogger karlthebunny said...

Yellow pee?!

You mean it's NOT caused by Cheetos...?

Best get myself to the doctor!!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home