Friday, April 29, 2005

Security Woes

In order to safe guard my stuff.
I "had" to reorder my home security service.
Which was causing me anxeity.
"You have,
beep!,
only 45,
beep!,
seconds,
beep!,
to drop the mail,
beep!,
and your brief case,
beep!
and to get to the kep pad,
beep!,
turn on the light,
beep!,
open the pannel,
beep!,
and punch in your correct code,
beep!,
before all Hell breaks loose!!

Beep that beep!
***********
In addition, the contract would be for 36 months,
and would cost over $1,000.00 in that time period.
So I have an alarm, but declined the monitoring.
I can set it, it will go off, if the bad guy breaks, or opens, or passes the right way, it will go off and alert the neighbors.
But that's if the bad guy does one of those things. Other wise it's useless, except for giving me nerves...
Now, a biometric system, that only requires a thumb sweep, or a facial reader that is on all the time would be worth the cash.
(My IT guy tells me they are coming soon to a computer and airport near you! Even with a disguse, the facial reader will know it's you.)

I just couldn't see paying that much for something that in the end, doen't add value to the property.

$1,000 worth of energy efficient, shatter resistant windows, would.
***********
Had a late cup of soup with an old former co-worker of mine, of the female persuation.
Zelda was curious.
I asked if she minded if I had dinner with another woman.
Can you imagine!
She said "No, as long as I didn't have sex with them!"
Am I marring the wrong woman!?
Won't let a guy she's married have sex with others.
Shhesshh!
(My fault, I should have asked first. "Dear, I'm meeting a girl friend from church. If things go well, mind if I take her back to the house and bang her?")
***********
This brought up the topic of swinging, and not by me.
I am not sure how bringing in outside sexual partners helps a marriage.
But then, I'm a traditionalist and just a tad conservative...
Variety?
I would think that if that's how you felt, wouldn't it be better just to not get married in the first place???
And yes, part of me would LOVE to have someone who'd say, "Sure dear, you can sleep around if you'd like". But then, I'm glad I don't always get what I want. (And then you have to becareful you don't catch some horrible STD *GASP!!!* from someone like Zelda or me!!! Those Horrible people who have a sexually transmited dis-ease!!! Make sure you stay 10 feet away!!! You might get hugged or something awful!!!)
I think I'll get over that desire pretty quick. Regular sex has it's advantages.
Variety with dry spells.... or
Consistancy, with whom someone you love.
I'll take the latter please, in large portions.
*grin*
***********
Speaking of "as good as sex".
While in Omaha, I recommend you stop by the "Old Market" area and visit Up Stream Brewery. You have to try the desert there called "Alice in Wonderland". I have always had trouble with the idea of food being "as good as sex", but this desert comes in not far behind. (Nothing compares to sex with Zelda!!!)
It is a coffee flavored ice cream with a rum creme anglaise.
Has to be tried to believe!!
Zelda's friend ID stopped by to visit. They met in design school. Yes, he is gay. (All the straight ones go into Architecture!! Little did we know, all the hot babes are in Interiors!)
He and Zelda tried a bite and absolutely loved it!!!
**************
Another by product of the security system is, it uses the phone line.
And thus, with DSL, needs a filter.
But this one is special. And so it the price.
$50.00.
And there is the reason I have not blogged lately.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think zelda is a very trusting fiance. i did say we'd have to talk about it before you had sex with someone else...

:0)

6:54 PM  
Blogger karlthebunny said...

Um.... You're correcting my misquote of you... right?

This is going to be an interesting conversation... (ya think?)

Zelda and Ktb swingers extradinaire?? I didn't see this coming...

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*snort* i said we'd have to "talk" about it...whether or not i agree remains to be seen.

talk about discovering different faces of someone...

zlk!

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home